We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Manager to join our ever-growing business! We are a vibrant, innovative, design and visual technology driven event production company with an end to end approach to delivery. Our work is varied – we’re involved in corporate events, conferences, concerts, technical development of new solutions and all-round production and event management.
Based: We operate on a global basis, so there may be some international travel, when not based in our brand-new facility in Denton.
Hours: Full time
Salary: For the right person to join the team, salary is negotiable and commensurate with proven experience.
Responsible for: The effective management of the Warehouse and associated operations ensuring technical equipment is managed, maintained and made available for client events. Ensuring the logistical operation for equipment is effective for the right kit to be in the right place at the right time. This will involve the effective communication with the Project Manager(s), Project Co-Ordinator(s) and other warehouse personnel.
- – To keep abreast of changes in AV Technology in order to develop innovative and new ideas to clients as the business strives to be ahead of competitors in the arena in which it operates.
- – To build and maintain strong, long lasting relationships with the suppliers, freelancers and internal colleagues.
- – To develop an understanding of what technical equipment is required to undertake each event to deliver the client solution. Leading the Warehouse team to ensure a well organised and fully functional warehouse is delivered at all time.
- – Ensuring the correct kit is picked for each event; that it is in full working order and maintained before packing; logistics are organised to ensure the equipment is loaded and received at the event in a timely manner.
- – Responsible for receiving equipment upon return from a client event/dry hire and de-prepping/ensuring faults are rectified immediately and the equipment is in correct working order for the next event.
- – Reporting any defects/damage and preparing suitable documentation and evidence for onward recharging to the hirer where appropriate.
- – Plan and schedule project milestones, timelines and the critical path utilising suitable tools.
- – Undertake Risk Assessments for all on-site Warehouse activities, ensuring compliance with the most upto date Health and Safety legislation.
- – Ensuring relevant quality standards are introduced and maintained along with pushing for the ‘best-in-class’ presentation of the facility. Performing stock takes of all equipment on a regular basis to ensure a minimum of all stock counted once per year.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 3 years’ experience managing a warehouse and associated team ideally within the AV industry or within a technical product environment. A knowledge of service, repair and maintenance of audio visual and lighting equipment is desirable. Effective interpersonal skills and expertise of Office 365, Excel, and Adobe suites. A fork truck licence and health and safety qualifications would be of significant benefit.
In line with our company values, the post holder must be able to demonstrate:
- – Focus
- – Integrity
- – Excellence
- – Initiative,
- – Respect
- – Helpfulness and co-operation
- – Pride
- – Humility
- – Diplomacy
- – Relationship focused
- – Delivering objectives
Interested? In the first instance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV supporting your application, along with salary expectations. The closing date for applications is the 7th February 2018.