We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Operative to join our ever-growing business and support our operational delivery of AV solutions, taking responsibility for all responsibility for all electrical interfaces. We are a vibrant, innovative, design and visual technology driven event production company with an end to end approach to delivery. Our work is varied – we’re involved in corporate events, conferences, concerts, technical development of new solutions and all-round production and event management.
Based: We operate on a global basis, so there may be some international travel, when not based in our brand-new facility in Denton.
Hours: Full time
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Responsible for: Assisting with the delivery of the AV solution as determined by the project specification which can involve complex, multi-discipline projects and adapting to client changes during the event. In particular, to have overall responsibility for all electrical interfaces and be responsible for their “sign-off” when commissioned
- – Operating as a key member of the team delivering any and all matters relating to client projects.
- – Build and maintain strong, long lasting relationships with all other team members including, but not limited to suppliers, freelancers and internal colleagues.
- – Undertake Risk Assessments for each event from an electrical safety perspective.
- – Acting as an integral member of the Warehouse team in the process of preparing all necessary equipment for delivery of each project.
- – Share responsibility with the team ensuring the correct kit goes to the correct event at the correct time.
- – Checking all equipment and de-prepping with corrective actions upon return from client events.
- – Keep abreast of changes in AV Technology in order to develop innovative and new ideas to clients as the business strives to be ahead of competitors in the arena in which it operates.
- – Assisting with the preparation of kit for ‘dry hire’ projects.
- – Attending on site client projects and undertaking support on an as and when basis.
- – Performing PAT testing of electrical components for use on projects or used within the Company facility on a regular basis.
- – Ensure the business operates client events or its own internal operations in line with the most recent electrical safety and compliance qualifications.
- – Ensuring relevant quality standards are introduced and maintained.
- – At all times, working with other team members to present a clean, professional and first class standard image of the warehouse and on-site activity.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within a team in a warehouse, ideally from an AV or technical product industry. Holding the latest electrical qualifications is highly desirable and ideally qualified for BS7909 certificate in temporary electrical installations. Self-motivation, organisation and a willingness to work hard for a team in achieving an end goal is essential.
In line with our company values, the post holder must be able to demonstrate:
- Helpfulness and co-operation
- Relationship focused
- Delivering objectives
Interested? In the first instance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV supporting your application, along with salary expectations. The closing date for applications is Friday 11th January 2018 with 1st Interviews on Wednesday 16th/Thursday 17th January 2018.